I just found an awesome post on Randa Clay Design titled: "10 Fantastic Books About Marketing Your Blog Online" & had to share it with you.
This list includes 10 killer books about blog marketing written by some really smart folks like Darren Rowse, Chris Garrett and David Meerman Scott to name a few. These guys are experts in their fields & can definitely help you accelerate your learning if your new to the blogosphere & looking for some solid reference pieces.
Here’s my selection of the top 3 blog marketing books that I think every blogger should read from the list:
ProBlogger: Secrets for Blogging Your Way to a Six-Figure Income
by Darren Rowse & Chris Garrett
A complete how-to from two of the world’s top bloggers
Thousands of aspiring bloggers launch new blogs every day, hoping to boost their income. Without solid advice from experts, most will fail. This best selling guide, now fully revised with new and updated tips and tricks from two of the world’s most successful bloggers, provides the step-by-step information bloggers need to turn their hobby into an income source or a full time career.
- Earning a solid income from blogging is possible, but tricky; this book details proven techniques and gives aspiring bloggers the tools to succeed
- Even novices will learn to choose a blog topic, analyse the market, set up a blog, promote it, and earn revenue
- Offers solid, step-by-step instruction on how bloggers make money, why niches matter, how to use essential blogging tools and take advantage of social media and content aggregators, what a successful blog post should include, how to optimise advertising, and much more
Written by two full time professional bloggers, the updated edition of ProBlogger tells you exactly how to launch and maintain a blog that makes money.
Blog Marketing: The Revolutionary New Way to Increase Sales, Build Your Brand, and Get Exceptional Results
by Jeremy Wright
Revolutionize your business with the power of the blog
Today, tens of millions of bloggers are communicating on the Internet about companies, products, trends, and much more. Don’t miss out on the conversation! Blog Marketing explains how blogs are amazingly cost-effective tools for making business decisions based on actual customer feedback and market intelligence. So get on the blog wagon!
Find out how…
- GM runs new concepts by customers and invites feedback on their popular FastLane blog–one of today’s top 500 blogs
- The Disney Channel uses blogs to streamline internal communication and increase their engineering team’s efficiency
- Microsoft product development teams look for blog feedback before making significant changes to applications
- Boeing used blogs to gather customer feedback while developing the new 787 Dreamliner
“I can offer you no greater advice than to read and study this book as if your corporate life depends upon it. Because it does.” — From the foreword by Dave Taylor, publisher, The Intuitive Life Business Blog
The New Rules of Marketing and PR: How to Use Social Media, Blogs, News Releases, Online Video, and Viral Marketing to Reach Buyers Directly, 2nd Edition
by Dave Meerman Scott
A completely revised and updated edition of the BusinessWeek bestseller on effective, modern marketing and PR best practices
The New Rules of Marketing and PR shows you how to leverage the potential that Web-based communication offers your business. Finally, you can speak directly to customers and buyers, establishing a personal link with the people who make your business work.
This new second edition paperback keeps you up-to-date on the latest trends.
- New case studies and current examples are included to illustrate the very latest in marketing and PR trends.
- Completely updated to reflect the latest marketing and PR techniques using social media sites such as Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube
- Includes a step-by-step action plan for harnessing the power of the Internet to communicate directly with buyers, increase sales, and raise online visibility
- David Meerman Scott is a renowned online marketing strategist, keynote speaker and the author of World Wide Rave, from Wiley
The New Rules of Marketing and PR, Second Edition gives you all the information you need to craft powerful and effective marketing messages and get them to the right people at the right moment-at a fraction of the price of a traditional marketing campaign.
All of these as well as the other 7 listed in the original post are available from Amazon in a wide variety of formats, read, learn & enjoy.